Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the European Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $10,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
The European Tour prepares for the Open Championship with a return to Castle Stuart for the Scottish Open. It's a great tune-up event that typically attracts a solid field ahead of the year's third major. This year is no exception, although some regulars are skipping to buy a break week during this busy summer.
Each week, we'll provide our top 5 picks for free, with our GNN Plus subscribers getting our full top 10 picks for the tournament, as well salary trends, European Tour finish trends and key statistics.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
In addition, GNN Plus subscribers can access our searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
Here are our top 5 picks:
1. Martin Kaymer -- Kaymer is playing some top-tier golf right now on the European Tour. It goes a little unnoticed, but he's been in the top seven in two solid Euro Tour fields of late.
2. Branden Grace -- Have to love Branden Grace here. Lost in a 2013 playoff here to Phil Mickelson. Out of the top 10 once in his last five PGA Tour starts.
3. Chris Wood -- Wood seems like a natural to play well in a links-style championship, perhaps. However, we like him more for his recent Euro Tour run, including a T-11 in France.
4. Shane Lowry -- Lowry was, well, not good at Firestone. However, with a pair of Castle Stuart top-15s, this should be a good place for him to get back on track.
5. Phil Mickelson -- Mickelson won here in 2013, beating Branden Grace in a playoff. The caution is that Mickelson has been inconsistent of late. He could contend; he could miss the cut. Risk.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews