Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
We had a great week last week with our Valero Texas Open picks, including having Charley Hoffman as our (obvious) No. 1 pick. Fortunately, one of the PGA Tour's worst final-round players closed the deal for his fourth PGA Tour win.
The PGA Tour moves to New Orleans for the Zurich Classic at TPC Louisiana. Justin Rose is the defending champion, while Jason Day is also a headliner looking to pick up a third win this season.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research. Going forward, GNN Plus subscribers will also get access to the last five years of leaderboards for an event, namely the top 15 and ties from 2011-2015, the data that we use to define our horses for courses each week.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Justin Rose -- Defending champion and the only guy in the field with more than two top-15s here in the last five years. He has four. He likes this place.
2. Jason Day -- Day is looking for his third win of the PGA Tour, again on a Pete Dye course, on which he has won two of his four starts. Tied for fourth in 2015.
3. Charley Hoffman -- I'm probably overrating Charley Hoffman this week after a Texas Open win. However, he was fifth here in 2014. Of course, he's riding high, which could be bad.
4. Billy Horschel -- The 2013 winner here, Horschel is playing very good golf. He's been knocking on the door for weeks, with another top-five finish at the Texas Open.
5. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler makes NOLA a consistent part of his schedule, but he rarely plays extremely well here (T-10 in 2012). That said, he won The Players on a Pete Dye track, has been a top-10 machine this year and is rested after his Bahamas vacation.
6. Daniel Berger -- Berger is getting close to a PGA Tour win. He was T-10 at the Masters and T-4 the week prior in Houston. He was T-6 here last year.
7. Patton Kizzire -- Kizzire probably should have won in Vegas in October, but that went to Smylie Kaufman. He's made eight of his last nine cuts, including three top-15 finishes. Power game could play well here.
8. Ricky Barnes -- If you had told me I'd do this three weeks ago, I'd have laughed at you. However, Barnes has found form, including back-to-back top-10s, so ride him until he fades.
9. Cameron Tringale -- Probably won't run into Tringale on a lot of lists this week, but he has four top-20 finishes here in the last five years. Runner-up here last year. Made his last three cuts.
10. Aaron Baddeley -- Badds! Quietly playing pretty well. Two top-10 finishes in his last four starts, including at Harbour Town, a Pete Dye special. Nothing special here, but he's playing well.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Justin Rose - $11,800
2. Cameron Tringale - $8,600
3. Patton Kizzire - $8,200
4. David Hearn - $7,500
5. George McNeill - $7,000
6. Jason Bohn - $6,700
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews