Welcome back to Golf News Net’s weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we’ll present our top picks for that week’s tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings’ one-week fantasy leagues.
The Hero World Challenge is the king of the PGA Tour’s now-limited silly season. It’s an 18-player event, so it’s meager in size, but it boasts a solid tee sheet, including defending champion Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Justin Rose and Bubba Watson, who replaced Jason Day in the field.
The event offers two things these players will like: easy Official World Golf Ranking points and free money. We don’t want to cheat here with such a small field, so we’re only offering a top six.
GNN PLUS [SIGN UP FOR A FREE 1-WEEK TRIAL]
On to the picks!
1. Jordan Spieth — Spieth is the class of the field and was in it to win the Australian Open in his title defense last week. Sure, he’ll be a bit gassed, but he’s playing very well considering the year he has enjoyed.
2. Patrick Reed — Reed carries dual membership, so he’s been competing on the European Tour and doing really well. Was in the top 10 in his last four starts, including a pair of medal-stand finishes.
3. Adam Scott — Scott deserves a look because he’s playing really well. He’s always on fire when he plays Down Under, but he is showing some improvement with the non-anchored stroke that he’s using. He also calls Albany home.
4. Justin Rose — Rose hasn’t played on the PGA Tour since a T-6 at the Frys.com Open. However, he won the Hong Kong Open and finished T-7 at the BMW Masters. Solid form.
5. Rickie Fowler — Fowler finished T-17 in his last start the WGC-HSBC Champions. He’s built to handle potentially nasty conditions in the Bahamas, and he’s looking to wrap up a three-year win nicely.
6. Paul Casey — Casey gets a nod here, in part, because he’s played twice this fall, earning a pair of top-25 finishes in the PGA Tour’s Asia swing.
Get MORE fantasy research and advice with GNN PLUS, including DraftKings salaries, trends, values and lineups! Sign up for a free one-week trial!