Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free entry with your first deposit.
The FedEx Cup playoffs end this week with the Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta, home to the playoff finale for the ninth consecutive year. Just 30 players made here from a starting playoff field of 125, and there's a lot to be gained from getting here, including big-time cash and entry into the first three majors of 2016.
As you'd expect, there's going to be a lot of chalk this week. It's a top-tier field, so we expect top-tier players to do well. Duh.
Of course we had Jason Day. Who didn't have Jason Day?
On to the picks!
1. Jason Day -- Four out of six. Jason Day has won four out of six. He's the new No. 1 in the world. He's aggressive and putting brilliantly.
2. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth was much better at the BMW Championship, finishing T-13. Short game is big at East Lake, so you've got to like a great putter, even if he's a bit down. Was T-2 here in 2013.
3. Rory McIlroy -- McIlroy finished T-4 at Conway Farms despite some iffy putting, though the flatstick was much better than it looked at the Deutsche Bank. The rust is off. Was T-2 here last year.
4. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler backed up the Deutsche Bank Championship win by tying for fourth along with McIlroy at the BMW. He's making a lot of putts from distance and isn't missing the big ones inside of 10 feet.
5. Justin Rose -- Rose hasn't been winning, but he's been playing good golf overall this summer, save for a missed cut at The Barclays. We like him here because he has a good East Lake record. In the last three years, he hasn't finished outside the top six.
6. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson would rank higher in our list, but his lingering wrist injury has us worried. He won here in 2013, so he's one for one. Backed up the runner-up in Boston with a T-10 in Chicago.
7. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson quietly earned himself a T-7 finish at Conway Farms on the back of a 62 in Round 2. Like Rose, he's not winning, but playing top-10 golf most every time he plays. Skipped the Tour Championship last year, but top-10s in the prior two trips.
8. Zach Johnson -- Johnson hasn't been special in the playoffs, but he's been solid. That's his East Lake record, too: good but not special.
9. Bubba Watson -- East Lake is one of those courses that has psyched out Bubba Watson. However, Watson has more talent than so many in the field, so if he can get off the tee, then he can finish well. Fifth place in 2012 his best finish in five East Lake trips.
10. Hideki Matusyama -- It's always hard for us to rank Matsuyama highly because he struggles so mightily with the putter. If he can hit the East Lake greens, which he should at a good clip, he will get plenty of looks on a course where hanging around par isn't bad.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Jason Day -- $12,500
2. Zach Johnson -- $8,500
3. Paul Casey -- $7,500
4. Robert Streb -- $7,300
5. Kevin Kisner -- $7,200
6. Harris English -- $7,000