Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
Wow, what a U.S. Open! Jordan Spieth is now officially chasing the Grand Slam after a win at Chambers Bay, which we told you was going to happen with our No. 1 pick. We're going to try to do it again this week at the Travelers Championship.
TPC River Highlands is somewhat predictable. There are a lot of horses that like this par-70 course, so we should have an easy time making recommendations this week.
On to the picks!
1. Brandt Snedeker -- Great putting is a virtue at TPC River Highlands, so Sneds makes sense. Was T-8 at the U.S. Open with a great finish and now has three top-10 finishes in a row.
2. Patrick Reed -- Patrick Reed tends to react well after a disappointment, and he was upset not to get the job done at the U.S. Open. Scores well and makes a lot of birdies, which is a must this week.
3. Bubba Watson -- Watson won here in 2010 and is pretty much a lock to finish in the top 15 most years he plays here. We'll see how he reacts to the frustration Chambers Bay caused him.
4. Louis Oosthuizen -- Oosthuizen finished T-2 at the U.S. Open. Had he not been saddled by Tiger Woods and Rickie Fowler on Day 1 -- where they shot a 28-over three-ball -- he probably wins.
5. Kevin Na -- Na is making his first appearance here in four years, but he missed the cut the prior two times he was in the old GHO. However, he's been in the top 13 in four of his last six starts.
6. Tony Finau -- It's time to look at Tony Finau as the next kid to break through. He's been in the top 19 in his last five starts, including a T-14 at the U.S .Open.
7. Zach Johnson -- Johnson was overmatched at Chambers Bay, but that's fine. TPC River Highlands is NOT Chambers Bay. Johnson has been a top-20 machine this season, including in the four starts prior to the Open.
8. Billy Horschel -- Hopefully Horschel's fish dance becomes a common thing, but for when he makes birdies. Yeah, Chambers Bay upset him, but he still finished T-25. Horschel's game is coming around.
9. Sergio Garcia -- We kind of take Sergio Garcia for granted. He doesn't win as much as his talent suggests he should, but he does hang a lot of high finishes. Co-runner-up at The Players in May and here last year.
10. Hunter Mahan -- Mahan has typically done well at TPC River Highlands, although he missed the cut last year. He's been a middling player of late, but we're expecting better this week.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Tony Finau -- $9,600
2. Kevin Na -- $9,500
3. Zach Johnson -- $9,100
4. Russell Knox -- $8,400
5. William McGirt -- $6,900
6. Angel Cabrera -- $6,500