Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
This is it, the last PGA Tour event before next week's U.S. Open at Chambers Bay in Washington. With the U.S. Open sectional qualifiers in the books and most of the U.S. Open field decided, the only remaining spots can go to players that find a way into the top 60 of the Official World Golf Ranking after this week's tournaments.
Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson are headliners this week, guys who typically like to play heading into a major.
We didn't have David Lingmerth in our recommendations, but we did have Justin Rose and Jordan Spieth, so we did you pretty well at Memorial.
On to the picks!
1. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson is a former winner in Memphis and has made all three career cuts at TPC Southwind. He's had top-13 finishes in his last two starts, and, while we're at it, he's probably a sneaky U.S. Open pick.
2. Billy Horschel -- The reigning FedEx Cup champion has been in the top 10 in Memphis in each of the last two years and been in the top 13 in his last two starts. He's rounding nicely into form.
3. Phil Mickelson -- It's a bit risky putting Mickelson so high at a non-major, but he does well in Memphis, including a runner-up finish in 2013.
4. Brooks Koepka -- Koepka has maintained a light PGA Tour scheduled since the start of May, so he lacks some starts. However, his power and iron play should make him a factor this week.
5. Ryan Palmer -- Palmer isn't playing consistent golf overall, but was T-10 at the Nelson, another TPC course (although there's no carryover). In two of his last three Memphis starts, Palmer has finished in the top four.
6. Webb Simpson -- The 2012 U.S. Open champion was co-runner-up in his last start at his home Quail Hollow and was on the medal stand in Memphis last year. Good enough for us.
7. Brian Harman -- The lefty is in the U.S. Open and has been playing good golf of late, including two top-10 finishes in his last four starts. He was T-6 here last year after two MCs.
8. Harris English -- The UGA product has been playing modest, solid golf all season long. He's a past winner here and has some motivation in coming up short at U.S. Open qualifying.
9. Camilo Villegas -- Camilo is a great pick this week. He's only missed the cut once ever in Memphis and has been in the top 11 in four of his last five starts here.
10. Padraig Harrington -- Harrington hasn't played on the PGA Tour since Wells Fargo, where he didn't cash. However, Harrington has made his last five Memphis cuts, including back-to-back top-13 finishes in 2012 and '13.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Billy Horschel -- $11,500
2. Shawn Stefani -- $8,200
3. Carl Pettersson -- $7,700
4. Camilo Villegas -- $7,600
5. Will Wilcox -- $7,600
6. Padraig Harrington -- $7,300