Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free $2 entry with your first deposit and play in the GNN weekly game -- just look for golfnewsnet in the lobby.
Last week at Doral was tough sledding, and it won't get a whole lot easier this week as the PGA Tour moves to Innisbrook Resort's Copperhead course for the Valspar Championship.
John Senden is defending champion, who turned in an outstanding all-around performance to take the title. The Copperhead course requires a complete game to win the tournament, but puts particular emphasis on ballstriking with some tricky approach shots.
A week ago, we looked good on our list, including having winner Dustin Johnson and contenders Bubba Watson and Adam Scott in our picks. However, we didn't see a J.B. Holmes week coming. Let's see if we can get back on track and make it two winners in a row.
Now, on to the picks!
1. Luke Donald -- Luke Donald does not miss at Innisbrook. He won in 2012 around the peak of his powers and has been T-4 here in the last two years. Looked good in a T-7 effort at Honda, but was simply outmatched by Doral's length.
2. Jim Furyk -- I know, I know. Furyk isn't a good closer. But the 2010 champion was part of the four-man playoff in 2012 and was T-7 in 2013. He's a horse for this course.
3. Jordan Spieth -- We almost had another week of Spiething at Doral, but he slipped to a T-17 finish. He was in the top 10 in two West Coast starts and was T-7 here two years ago.
4. Adam Scott -- How can you not like Adam Scott most any week he plays? This week, with his tee-to-green game, he's a green light. If he can repeat his first positive week in the switch to a short putter, he's a huge threat to win.
5. Matt Kuchar -- Gotta like Kooch this week. He was T-23 at Doral, which was too long for his game. However, Innisbrook is the right length. In three of his last four Tampa starts, Kuchar has finished in the top 15.
6. Brandt Snedeker -- Snedeker is a winner again on the PGA Tour (Pebble Beach) and has two top-10 finishes at Innisbrook. He may be overpriced in some games.
7. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson is new to Innisbrook, but he's become a fixture on leaderboards worldwide. He was T-4 at a frustrating Doral.
8. Kevin Na -- Kevin Na's playing some very nice golf, missing just one PGA Tour cut since October 2014. He was T-9 at Doral. He was last year's runner-up and has been in the money in four of five Tampa starts.
9. Boo Weekley -- Weekley had himself a Sunday 63 two years ago to climb into the runner-up spot here, but we like him for two top-seven finishes in 2015 on the PGA Tour. He's somewhat hit-or-miss in this event.
10. Will MacKenzie -- Willy Mac is best used early in the year and late in the year. Skip the middle. He has three top-10 finishes in the 2014-15 PGA Tour season, including T-6 on a tough Trump International track last week in Puerto Rico.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Luke Donald - $9,900
2. Brandt Snedeker - $9,500
3. Kevin Na - $8,300
4. Will MacKenzie - $7,400
5. Boo Weekley - $7,100
6. Robert Garrigus - $6,400