The PGA Tour rolls into the Quad Cities this week for the John Deere Classic, the final event before heading to Lytham for the British Open. This tournament may as well be known as the Steve Stricker Invitational because he has won here the last three years.
2. Zach Johnson - As close as it comes to a home game for Johnson, the Deere is an event he loves. He was T-2 in 2009 and T-3 here a year ago.
3. Charley Hoffman - Hoffman is coming off of a T-2 effort at Travelers, whose host course offers up a lot of birdie opportunities like TPC Deere Run. He was T-7 here last year.
4. Jonathan Byrd - Byrd is one of the few in the field to win here other than Stricker, taking the title in 2007. He was T-22 last week at Greenbrier, where birdies were not in short supply.
5. Seung-yul Noh - Noh has been remarkably consistent all year, but has two top-seven finishes in his last four starts and cashed in all of them.
6. Brendon de Jonge - De Jonge likes this time of year. He played great at Greenbrier the last two years, as with Deere Run. He was T-7 here in 2010 and '11.
7. Charles Howell III - Not playing his best golf right now, Howell III does typically fare well in this event. He was T-5 last year and has never missed the cut.
8. Chez Reavie - Reavie has top-15 finishes in his last two PGA Tour starts, including at the Travelers. He was T-5 here last year.
9. Sean O'Hair - O'Hair has been hot of late, including a T-7 effort at Greenbrier last week. He won here in 2005, but hasn't played here since 2008.
10. Scott Piercy - One of two things happen with Piercy: a missed cut or a top 25 finish. There's almost no in-between with him. Has cashed here the last two years. Was T-12 at Greenbrier.
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.