Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues and suggest daily fantasy golf lineups.
The PGA Tour hops down from Las Vegas to Mexico, in the Cancun area, for the OHL Classic at Mayakoba. El Camaleon hosts again, with Graeme McDowell defending the title he somewhat surprisingly won last year in a playoff against Russell Knox and Jason Bohn.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 RSM Classic top 10 picks
1. Chris Kirk - He won on Sea Island in 2013, and he's been brilliant through this six-event run of the season.
2. Matt Kuchar - Loved Kooch at the Ryder Cup, and he's a Sea Island native. Not an incredible record here, but this seems like a good spot.
3. Kevin Kisner - Defending champion somewhat quietly had a solid finish to the 2015-16 season. Great place for him to play.
4. Kevin Chappell - Chappell is this year's Kisner. Chappell was runner-up here last year and T-8 the year prior.
5. Cody Gribble - The Sanderson Farms winner has been fantastic out of the gates, and there's no reason to suspect he can't keep up that run.
6. Jim Furyk - Back after three years away from the event, Furyk was third his last time here in 2012. A ballstriking stud, of course.
7. Lucas Glover - Glover has been playing well in this fall portion of the schedule, putting out of his (relative) mind with a pair of top-5 finishes. Ride him!
8. Charles Howell III - A strong player on Sea Island and off to a good start this season with a pair of top-15s. Never much of a threat to win, but good for points.
9. Brandt Snedeker - Snedeker clearly a class player here, but hard to peg him given he missed the cut last year. Won in Fiji in a weak field, but it was in big wind.
10. Kevin Streelman - A couple of top-20 finishes in this portion of the schedule is encouraging. Sea Island's courses aren't crazy long, so, barring big wind, he should be OK.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Chris Kirk - $11,300
2. Charles Howell III - $9,200
3. Cody Gribble - $8,400
4. Whee Kim - $7,400
5. Stewart Cink - $6,900
6. Ryan Brehm - $6,500
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.