With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2020 Safeway Open, continue at the 2021 Wyndham Championship and Barradua Championship this week and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2021, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This week, we have the Wyndham Championship, ending the PGA Tour regular season in Greensboro, N.C., with the quest to get into the top 125 and qualify for the Northern Trust to start the playoffs. Lots of local guys in the field and a variety of horse-for-course picks.
2021 Wyndham Championship One and Done picks
Patrick Reed: Reed is a past winner here, and he posted his first top-10 finish in Greensboro in years in last year's event.
Hideki Matsuyama: If you somehow haven't used Hideki yet this year, then this would be a great spot. Likes the course and has been on the medal stand his last two times out.
Webb Simpson: His record here really speaks for itself.
Jason Kokrak: Kokrak has been playing alright, and I had higher hopes for him in Memphis, but he also is playing this week because he enjoys the event.
Rory Sabbatini: Sabo is a big fan of this event, and the Slovakian has to be enjoying a wealth of confidence after the Olympics.
My pick is Rory Sabbatini. I'm going to take a flier on a guy who has to be on Cloud 9.
2020-2021 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Phil Mickelson (T-44)
- US Open: Jon Rahm (T-23)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Denny McCarthy (T-41)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Lucas Glover (MC)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Patrick Cantlay (T-8)
- CJ Cup at Shadow Creek: Matthew Wolff (73rd)
- Zozo Championship at Sherwood: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- Bermuda Championship: Will Zalatoris (T-16)
- Vivint Houston Open: Lanto Griffin (T-58)
- Masters: Dustin Johnson (WIN)
- The RSM Classic: Brian Harman (MC)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Harris English (T-5)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Tony Finau (T-31)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Ryan Palmer (T-41)
- The American Express: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Marc Leishman (T-18)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Daniel Berger (MC)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Jason Day (T-7)
- The Genesis Invitational: Adam Scott (T-38)
- WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession: Viktor Hovland (T-2)
- Puerto Rico Open: Emiliano Grillo (T-11)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Francesco Molinari (MC)
- The Players Championship: Collin Morikawa (T-41)
- The Honda Classic: Joaquin Niemann (T-25)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Cameron Smith (T-28)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Charley Hoffman (T-34)
- Valero Texas Open: Chris Kirk (T-6)
- Masters Tournament: Justin Thomas (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-4)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Cameron Champ (T-17)
- Valspar Championship: Jason Kokrak (T-13)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Corey Conners (T-43)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Sam Burns (2nd)
- PGA Championship: Jordan Spieth (T-30)
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Sungjae Im (MC)
- the Memorial Tournament: Hideki Matsuyama (T-62)
- Palmetto Championship at Congaree: Tyrrell Hatton (T-2)
- US Open: Xander Schauffele (T-8)
- Travelers Championship: Paul Casey (T-36)
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Rickie Fowler (T-32)
- John Deere Classic: Cam Davis (T-55)
- British Open Championship: Scottie Scheffler (T-8)
- Barbasol Championship: Seamus Power (WIN)
- 3M Open: Patton Kizzire (T-39)
- WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational: Louis Oosthuizen (T-17)
- Barracuda Championship: Mito Pereira (T-39)
- Wyndham Championship: Rory Sabbatini