With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, continue at the 2019 The RSM Classic this week and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We are down to the final event of the fall portion of the 2019-2020 PGA Tour season. After a Monday finish in Mexico, the PGA Tour moves back to the United States for The RSM Classic. Sea Island Golf Resort on St. Simons Island, Ga., will host a field fo 156 on two courses over the first two days before cutting down to the weekend field, which will play the final two rounds together at the Seaside Course.
Davis Love III is the host here, and the Sea Island gang is a substantial part of the event, with a field headlined by Webb Simpson.
2019 The RSM Classic One and Done picks
Charles Howell III: We used CH3 last week, and so we can't use him again. However, he's the defending champion here and fully available for the final event of the PGA Tour fall schedule.
Webb Simpson: If you're not using Webb at the Wyndham for some reason (yup, we think that far ahead), then this is a good spot.
Kevin Kisner: Kis has finished out of the top seven here once in the last five years. He's practically my lock.
My pick this week will be Kevin Kisner, as this is one of those events where the man matches the course and the course matches his ethos.
2019-2020 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland (T-10)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Denny McCarthy (T-18)
- Safeway Open: Kevin Na (MC)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Webb Simpson (T-7)
- Houston Open: Scottie Scheffler (T-28)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Danny Willett (T-46)
- Zozo Championship: Adam Scott (T-33)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Patrick Reed (T-8)
- Bermuda Championship: Scott Harrington (T-53)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Charles Howell III (T-20)
- The RSM Classic: Kevin Kisner