Looking for 2019 The RSM Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 The RSM Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The RSM Classic is the final official PGA Tour event of the year, meaning we're looking to get in our points one last time before heading to the bench for 2020. (We'll do rankings for the Hero World Challenge, but that's not an official event.)
This event, played each year at Sea Island Golf Resort, is typically one of the weakest ones on the entire PGA Tour schedule. In fact, the event has gotten marginally weaker over each of the last four years. In one sense, that means the official year ends with a whimper. In another sense, the tournament is a great opportunity for a rank-and-file player to earn a Masters berth and big benefits of winning on the PGA Tour.
GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for $5 per month or $50 for 1 year!
2019 The RSM Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Webb Simpson -- Simpson is the highest-ranked player in the field, and he's got a pretty decent record here. He finished T-7 in Vegas in his lone fall start, and he's reserved his fall starts for his most comfortable events.
2. Charles Howell III -- He's the defending champion here this week, which is a weird thing to say. But CH3 has been an ATM this fall and at this event. Almost always a good pick.
3. Brendon Todd -- Todd has won his last two starts in a row. Those wins came after four MCs and a T-28 in his first five starts in the fall. Ride the wave, man.
4. Kevin Kisner -- If there's a true horse-for-course at Sea Island, it's Kisner. His three fall starts have been skunks, but he's been out of the top seven ONCE here in the last five years.
5. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar finished T-14 in what had to have been an awkward title defense at the Mayakoba Golf Classic. Not sure if that portends antyhing for this week, but have to like him as part of the Sea Island Mafia.
6. Adam Hadwin -- Hadwin started the fall well, then dipped off in a few starts in Asia. He may have a bit of a boost being on the Presidents Cup team.
7. Scottie Scheffler -- Scheffler is bound to be the Rookie of the Year this season, and his game should travel everywhere.
8. Harris English -- English has been amazing this fall. Really. It's like having to go to the KFT Finals lit a spark. Let's keep it going.
9. Billy Horschel -- Horschel is an upper-tier player who is in the top 10 because of his ranking, but he's had three top-10 finishes around the world since the end of the last PGA Tour season.
10. Adam Long -- Long has played some pretty nice golf this fall season. Who knows how long it lasts and when it ends, but he's doing well now.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- UPDATING MONDAY
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 The RSM Classic DraftKings advice!