With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you’re not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We ride again! Last season was pretty solid. It wasn’t our best ever, particularly thanks to some frustrating missed cuts on course specialists. However, at the end of the year, we started relying more on form and found some success with some young guns. Now we begin again at Greenbrier, which is back on the schedule, as we try to work in some of the young guns to start the year.
2019 A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier One and Done picks
- Viktor Hovland: I mean, why not? He’s a stud, and he’s playing great.
- Russell Henley: If you want a horse-for-course kinda guy, I think you can’t look at anyone better than Henley.
- Bryson DeChambeau: Bryson didn’t end the season particularly well by his standard, but he’s a class player in this field.
- Sungjae Im: Im is the ironman of the PGA Tour, and it seems he’s on a quest to play literally every event. His ballstriking should be handy here.
My pick this week will be Viktor Hovland. I think he’s ready to win now, and this is a good place.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland