With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 RBC Canadian Open and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
Of course, of course, Matt Kuchar blows a gasket and misses the cut at Memorial. He decided to try to come up with a new way to interpret the Rules of Golf, and then he didn't play great the next day. We did tip Patrick Cantlay, so that worked out nicely, but Kuchar skunked it up for us.
This week is the Canadian Open, played at Hamilton Golf and Country Club, which really leans us into an unlikely direction.
2019 RBC Canadian Open One and Done picks
- Bud Cauley: Cauley is a big fan of Hamilton Golf and Country Club, so you should look hard at him, particularly coming off an inspiring week at the Memorial.
- Jim Furyk: Furyk has enjoyed a ton of success in the Canadian Open, including at Hamilton. Not a bad finish at Memorial, a course that really isn't for his game.
- Dustin Johnson: If you're not using DJ at Pebble (and you should consider that), then look here. He's played this event so well over the last five years.
- Rory Sabbatini: Sabo put up a T-27 at Jack's place, which is pretty solid. He handles this tournament well.
My pick this week will be Jim Furyk. Fingers crossed his good form continues.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter (T-10)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Phil Mickelson (MC)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Scottie Scheffler (T-35)
- PGA Championship: Brooks Koepka (WIN)
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Justin Rose (T-58)
- the Memorial Tournament: Matt Kuchar (MC)
- RBC Canadian Open: Jim Furyk