Looking for 2019 PGA Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 PGA Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
We are here! It’s the second major of the year, now played in May, as the PGA Championship comes to Bethpage Black for its first major in 10 years. Tiger Woods comes in as defending Masters champion, while Brooks Koepka has been the story of the last two years of majors played. And, of course, there are a handful of other great top-tier candidates to win in the deepest major in golf.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for $5 per month or $50 for 1 year!
2019 PGA Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Brooks Koepka — Koepka just came off a solid medal-stand finish at the AT&T Byron Nelson, and his results over the last eight majors played his better than Tiger Woods’. That’s it.
2. Tiger Woods — Were it not for the OWGR minimum divisor, Tiger Woods would be the No. 1 golfer in the world right now. Won here in 2002 and won the bad side of the draw in 2009 at the US Opens here.
3. Xander Schauffele — It’s time we recognize Xander the big-game hunter he is. In two cycles of major starts, he’s been in the top 10 in half of them.
4. Rory McIlroy — Rory said he found something with the driver at the Wells Fargo Championship, and that should help him this week with narrower fairways and some penalizing rough.
5. Dustin Johnson — Johnson was quietly T-2 at the Masters, if that’s such a thing. His driving game should be an asset here, and the Long Island fans will love him.
6. Rickie Fowler — Fowler finished T-9 at the Masters and finished T-4 in his one start since. In his last 14 worldwide starts, Fowler has eight top-10 finishes. Good enough for me.
7. Jon Rahm — His driving ability should be a huge asset this week. He’s long, straight, and keeps it out of trouble. The PGA setup shouldn’t test his temper much.
8. Patrick Cantlay — Cantlay comes up short in big ballparks now and then, but his overall record the last two years has just been too good to ignore at a major venue.
9. Tommy Fleetwood — I could put Justin Rose here or Bryson or a few others. But I think Tommy Fleetwood is a guy who can win a major this year, and I liked what I saw at the British Masters.
10. Tony Finau — I love Finau in this spot. With wetter conditions, he’ll be able to drive it more freely, and he can create plenty of opportunities to flex his muscle.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Rickie Fowler – $9,300
- Xander Schauffele – $9,100
- Patrick Reed – $8,400
- Patrick Cantlay – $8,200
- Ian Poulter – $7,600
- Rafa Cabrera Bello – $7,300
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 PGA Championship DraftKings advice!