With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 RBC Heritage and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
Hopefully you had a great week of one-and-done for the RBC Heritage, and you took my second choice, Tiger, over my first choice, Rory. McIlroy had a nice enough Sunday to get near the top 20, but given how he played leading into the first major of the year, his week was disappointing.
Now we head to the RBC Heritage on Hilton Head Island, S.C., where half the world top 50 is playing and we have a good number of candidates for OAD. Remember, history tells us RBC Heritage contestants from the week prior tend to win here, just not usually the highest-ranked players.
2019 RBC Heritage One and Done picks
- Ian Poulter -- A great week for Poulter at the RBC Heritage, and he was in it through the weekend.
- Patrick Cantlay -- I was as shocked as you probably were when he had the lead alone after his eagle on No. 15 at Augusta. Maybe some daylight here for him after a mediocre start to the year.
- Francesco Molinari -- I mean, why not, right? He was so close at Augusta and just buckled with seven to go.
- Kevin Kisner -- Kisner is on a good run here, and he's a South Carolina guy, so I like him here.
My pick this week will be Ian Poulter. He's got the most birdies here on average in recent years at Hilton Head, and you need them this week.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter