There are going to be two men standing on the first tee on Thursday morning at Augusta National Golf Club, with two-thirds of the Big Three kicking off the Masters with ceremonial drives down the first fairway. One of those two men, Gary Player, will be swinging new clubs at the ceremony.
Player has signed a 14-club endorsement deal with Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) which will see him also compete in the Masters Par-3 Contest using a full bag of PXG equipment. Here’s what will be in Player’s bag at Augusta National:
- PXG 0811 X Gen2 driver, 9 degrees
- PXG 0341 X Gen2 fairway woods, 15 degrees and 18 degrees
- PXG 0317 X Gen2 Hybrids, 22 degrees and 25 degrees
- PXG 0311 XF Xtreme Dark Gen2 irons, 6-PW
- PXG 0311 T 100% Milled Xtreme Dark wedges, 50-degree Sugar Daddy, 56-degree Sugar Daddy and 60-degree Zulu
- PXG GEN2 Brandon putter in black with plumber’s neck setting
“Golf is a puzzle without an answer. While I’ve been at it for years, I still haven’t the slightest idea how to play,” Player said in a release announcing the deal. “However, I have learned that the tools you choose will go a long way toward putting together a better round. PXG clubs are my tools of choice for this chapter of my career. They are simply remarkable.”
Of course, PXG’s black-and-white aesthetic makes for a seamless integration into the Black Knight’s traditional mostly black (with a few sprinkles of white) attire.
In a separate deal, Player has agreed to endorse New York-based OnCore Golf balls and become an investor in the up-and-coming company.