With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 Valspar Championship and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
What a final round of The Players! Everything was happening, and we had pretty much every kind of player get themselves into contention on a wild Sunday. Rory McIlroy held it together just enough to beat Jim Furyk, while the curse of the 54-hole leader at The Players continues as Jon Rahm shot a Sunday 76. Hopefully you didn't go with my actual One and Done pick but rather Jason Day or Rahm, who both had great weeks.
Now we're on to the Valspar Championship, which has a solid field despite Tiger Woods not returning this year. Plenty of guys are choosing to make this their added tournament for the year, including Dustin Johnson and Jason Day. I think you can like a lot of the same names this week.
2019 Valspar Championship One and Done picks
- Dustin Johnson -- Has to mentioned, but please don't use him yet.
- Jon Rahm -- Rahm will learn from his Sunday meltdown, but he still hasn't figured out how to cool off when it's all going wrong.
- Tommy Fleetwood -- The 17th on Sunday aside, a great week for Fleetwood. He should like Innisbrook.
- Gary Woodland -- Woodland's a big fan of this course, and it could help him get back into great form.
My pick this week will be Gary Woodland. He's playing solid golf at the moment, and he should rise up on a course where he's won in the past.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland