With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2018 The RSM Classic and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
The PGA Tour heads to the Sea Island Resort for its final official event of the year, The RSM Classic. The full field plays the opening two rounds split each day between the resort's two leading courses. The weekend field then comes together on a single course for the final 36. There are just three current top-50 players in the world in this field, so it makes sense to take a little gamble...or pick Webb Simpson.
2018 The RSM Classic One and Done picks
- Webb Simpson: Webb is playing the best golf of his life. There will be some emotional connection here, as his father passed away during this event a year ago.
- Brian Harman: A local, Harman isn't playing as nearly as well as he did this time a year ago, but there are signs of progress.
- Denny McCarthy: After a MC to start the season at the Safeway, the Maryland native is playing steady, strong golf.
- Lucas Glover: The '09 US Open champ is inside the top 20 in three starts on this young season.
My pick this week will be Lucas Glover, taking a flier on a potentially very short window to use him in an incredibly weak field.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover