Looking for 2018 The RSM Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 The RSM Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour is at its final stop of the year, with the very weak RSM Classic at Sea Island rounding out the year. We have a decent lineup of players, but just three in the world top 50. Otherwise, the likes of Zach Johnson, Bill Haas, Jim Furyk, host Davis Love III and Ernie Els are a part of the action.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2018 The RSM Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Webb Simpson — Highest-ranked player in the field, and he’s been under par in nearly every round he’s played in this tournament. He’s playing the best golf of his career.
2. JJ Spaun — Tipped Spaun in a private one-and-done league last week with great results. He’s playing very solid golf and was runner-up here last year to Austin Cook.
3. Kevin Kisner — Kisner LOVES Sea Island. It wasn’t a great follow to his 2017, but his 2018 has been decent.
4. Lucas Glover — Glover has been inside the top 20 in three starts in this new season. He’s a guy with typically small runs to save his season, and this is one of them right now…getting it out of the way early.
5. Denny McCarthy — I’m increasingly high on McCarthy as he makes his second tour through the PGA Tour’s lineup. He’s been solid after a MC at the Safeway to start the year, and he’s got the security of being fully exempt.
6. C.T. Pan — Pan got out to a better pro start than McCarthy, but they’re playing on about the same plane of golf the last 45 days. Pan was T-16 at Mayakoba for a nice week.
7. Cameron Champ — Champ may not be an ideal fit for the Sea Island courses, but he’s notched a win and a T-10 in the fall. Sanderson Farms should appear in his dreams this week.
8. Jim Furyk — He’s making his third start of the fall, and he finished T-6 at Mayakoba. He likes this course, and he’s a class player this week. His brand of golf can still thrive.
9. Bud Cauley — If Cauley weren’t coming back from a horrible car accident, he could be in the top five this weekj. T-10 in Vegas and made the cut in his other two starts. He was T-8 here last year.
10. Stewart Cink — Love Cink as a value play this week. He’s been playing steady golf the last 10 months, and he’s making cuts galore.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Lucas Glover – $9,900
- Denny McCarthy – $8,700
- Bud Cauley – $7,900
- Stewart Cink – $7,700
- Brian Gay – $7,500
- Roberto Castro – $7,300
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 The RSM Classic DraftKings advice!