Looking for 2018 John Deere Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 John Deere Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
We're in a stretch of three tough fields to parse through in a row, with another weak field at the John Deere Classic, the true sixth major.
However, Bryson DeChambeau defends, and we have Francesco Molinari, and we have horses-for-courses like Ryan Moore, Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson. So let's go!
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- For as little as $8/year, GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends.
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2018 John Deere Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Bryson DeChambeau -- Bryson is the lead dog here, in part by process of self-elimination, but he's playing great golf and likes this course.
2. Francesco Molinari -- You could put him No. 1, and I wouldn't mind. Molinari has a win on the PGA Tour in recent weeks (The National), and he's a steady player anywhere.
3. Zach Johnson -- Zach could be No. 1, too, and that would be fine. Johnson's record in his home area is unbelivable, and there's no reason to think he won't be money here again.
4. Steve Stricker -- Stricker's won this event three times. He's won twice on the 50-plus circuit this year and is still keeping up nicely.
5. Joaquin Niemann -- I'm honestly not sure why he's playing this week, but I'm glad he is. He plays well everywhere so far.
6. Ryan Moore -- Moore is a horse-for-course here more than anything else, having won in the Olympic year. A couple of T-13s of late is encouraging.
7. Kyle Stanley -- A guy who strikes the ball this well is worth considering every week. Had been playing well in June, and we'll see if it carries over to July.
8. Austin Cook -- Cook with a great finish at Greenbrier to add to his great Memphis finish. On a good run again, and he's taking on a weak field while doing most everything right.
9. Chesson Hadley -- Always in for Chessie. I'm in the tank for the guy. Just keeps pounding out top-10 finishes and snapping like no one's watching.
10. Kevin Tway -- Tway had a good first couple of days at TPC Potomac, then he sunk like a stone. That's OK though, he's heading in a good direction.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Chesson Hadley - $9,500
- Austin Cook - $9,300
- Kevin Streelman - $8,100
- Kevin Tway - $8,000
- Chez Reavie - $7,500
- Brandon Harkins - $7,300
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 John Deere Classic DraftKings advice!