Looking for 2018 Travelers Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Travelers Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
After a thrilling US Open, we’re on to the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn. This tournament has come a long way in the last decade, and this year may mark the strongest field the tournament’s seen. The US Open champion is here, as are defending champion Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Rory McIlroy and Jason Day. This is a DEEP field, particularly after a major.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- For as little as $8/year, GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends.
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2018 Travelers Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Justin Thomas — Thomas seems to handle every event well. Unfortunately, he couldn’t finish things off on the weekend for a second major title, but his consistency plays everywhere.
2. Brooks Koepka — The US Open champion has to be downright exhausted after defending his title, but he’s playing superior golf right now.
3. Paul Casey — Casey has done very well for himself in this tournament. He finished T-16 at the US Open, and I don’t think a lot of people watching on TV knew he was playing.
4. Jordan Spieth — I feel like I have to put Spieth on here in this spot given his talent, but as I’ve said, I’m genuinely concerned about his game right now.
5. Patrick Reed — Reed has done well in his starts here, and his run on Sunday at Shinnecock was an absolute joy to watch.
6. Charley Hoffman — Hoffman has done it here before, and he handled the US Open as well as he has any major championship.
7. Bubba Watson — Consider this is a bit of a guess. But we knew Bubba was in trouble at the US Open, and we know he loves TPC River Highlands. Win No. 3 this season?
8. Marc Leishman — Give me Leishman in the next few weeks. Carnoustie, maybe? He’s won this tournament before, which I like. I wished he would have come through better on the weekend at the Open.
9. Brendan Steele — Steele’s one of our biggest horse-for-course picks this week. He consistently finishes in the top 15 here, and he gained an absurd number of SG putting last week. Could be helpful this week.
10. Russell Knox — Knox is a past winner here, and I think we have to give him some love for a T-12 at the Open, as well some better finishes of late.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Paul Casey – $9,600
- Bubba Watson – $8,800
- Charley Hoffman – $8,700
- Brian Harman – $8,300
- Jim Furyk – $7,300
- Richy Werenski – $7,200
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Travelers Championship DraftKings advice!