The 2018 Masters weather forecast looks to include the chance of a lot of rain falling at Augusta National Golf Club, and the updated forecast for the week calls for higher temperatures during the first two days of the Tournament.
The general weather forecast originally called for a chance of rain each day after Thursday, when the weather is forecast to be practically perfect. Saturday appears to have the potential to be the worst weather day, with an 80 percent chance of rain in the forecast. On the eve of the championship, the weather forecast has changed to show heavy wind gusts and a potential for thunderstorms which could halt play.
The important thing to note is that the winds appear to be rather modest throughout the week, hovering in the 10 mph range.
2018 Masters updated weather forecast
- Wednesday: 73 degrees, 70 percent chance of rain with morning light rain, W 13 mph winds gusting to 20 mph
- Thursday: 69 degrees, 0 percent chance of rain, E 8 mph winds
- Friday: 78 degrees, partly cloudy with 10 percent chance of rain, SW 12 mph winds
- Saturday: 74 degrees, rain and potential thunderstorms and wind through the day with 80 percent chance of rain, W 15 mph winds gusting to 25-30 mph
- Sunday: 67 degrees, 20 percent chance of rain, ENE 10 mph winds