With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2018 Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We had a solid week of recommendations for Bay Hill, so hopefully you rode with our ideal picks for the API. Tiger was T-5 and Justin Rose finished in third alone. Kiradech and Kokrak bombed on Day 2 to crush their weeks.
This week, we have two events, with the debuting Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship playing out in the Dominican Republic for the first time on the PGA Tour while the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play is in Texas. Pretty cool mix of young guys and old guys in these events, and you've got plenty of choices this week in the 132-player opposite-field event.
2018 Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship One and Done picks
- Emiliano Grillo: Gave up a big lead in the third round of the Indian Open, but I like where his game is going.
- Chris Wood: Wood had a close call in Oman, and I think that might be a decent way of looking at this event.
- Patrick Rodgers: Great finish at Bay Hill, and he's been on a run of solid finishes for a few months now.
- Sam Ryder: If you're just looking for a guy on a run of cuts made, here's your man. T-12 here in '17 on the Web.com Tour.
My pick this week will be Emiliano Grillo. He's been hot of late, and he's above almost everyone in this field in terms of talent. Due for a win.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III (MC)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Brian Harman (3rd)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Gary Woodland (T-7)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Jason Dufner (T-36)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Rickie Fowler (MC)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WD)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Brandt Snedeker (T-20)
- Genesis Open: Paul Casey (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (T-68)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-14)
- Valspar Championship: Sergio Garcia (4th)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Justin Rose
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Patrick Reed
- Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship: Emiliano Grillo