With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2017 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges is a new event, and it attracted 22 of the world top 50 for the inaugural playing. Of course, playing for an astounding $9.25 million purse in a no-cut, 78-man player field at Nine Bridges all goes a long way into attracting good fields.
2017 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges One and Done picks
- Xander Schauffele: Have to love Schauffele if you didn't use him yet. He's proving he's on his game and may not be subject to a sophomore slump.
- Justin Thomas: Do you burn a major winner so early? I would beg you not to do so.
- Tony Finau: You could use Finau in a WGC or another high-profile non-major, but here's a good spot for him.
- Pat Perez: Last week's winner is so comfortable in his shoes that winning shouldn't change much.
My pick this week will be Tony Finau. I love his game right now, though I may regret this pick later when he snags a major in 2018.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau