The 2019 US Open Saturday pin sheet has been released for the third round during which will be played under good weather conditions on Day 3, including sunshine, 61-degree temperatures and modest wind. That weather will impact how Pebble Beach plays and how the remaining 79-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the USGA US Open Competition Committee.
2019 US Open Saturday first round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole locations are generally easy, so the USGA must believe the greens are firm enough to be challenging
- The hole location on the fourth could invite a few players to try to hit driver with hopes of making a move.
- The second shot to the eighth hole will see a lot of bailing out to the left to play it safe.
- The pin on No. 17 is the most accessible on the green for the field.
- The hole location on the 18th is the second-least accessible for a second shot, meaning there could be plenty of disappointing scores. Going long is dead.