The 2019 US Women's Open field offers a variety of ways into the second women's major championship of year, ranging from winning a major or on the LPGA Tour, to earning a special invitation, or qualifying for the field through sectional qualifying events.
A golfer has to be one of the best on the planet to qualify for the US Women's Open. They can get a US Senior Women's Open exemption if they meet one of these worldwide criteria to get an invitation.
US Women's Open qualifying and exemption categories
- Winners of the U.S. Women’s Open Championship for the last 10 years (2009-2018): In Gee Chun, Eun Hee Ji, Sung Hyun Park, Inbee Park, Ariya Jutanugarn, So Yeon Ryu, Na Yeon Choi, Paula Creamer, Brittany Lang
- Winners of the 2018 and 2019 U.S. Senior Women’s Open Championship: Laura Davies
- Winners of the 2018 U.S. Women’s Amateur, U.S. Girls’ Junior & U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur
Championships and the 2018 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship runner-up (must be an amateur): Jiwon Jeon, Shannon Johnson
- Winner of the 2018 Ladies British Open Amateur Championship (must be an amateur): Leonie Harm
- Winner of the 2018 Mark H. McCormack Medal (Women’s World Amateur Golf Ranking) (must be an amateur)
- Winner of the 2019 Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship (must be an amateur)
- Winners of the 2015-2018 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship: Danielle Kang, Brooke Henderson
- Winners of the AIG Women’s British Open Championship the last five years (2014-2018): Georgia Hall, Lydia Ko
- Winners of the ANA Inspiration Championship the last five years (2015-2019): Jin Young Ko, Pernilla Lindberg
- Winners of the Evian Championship the last five years (2014-2018): Hyo-joo Kim, Angela Stanford, Anna Nordqvist
- From the 2018 U.S. Women’s Open Championship, the 10 lowest scorers and anyone tying for 10th place: Jihyun Kim, Patty Tavatanakit, Wei-Ling Hsu, Megan Khang, Nasa Hataoka, Nelly Korda, Lexi Thompson, Carlota Ciganda, Charley Hull
- From the 2018 final official LPGA money list, the top 75 money leaders: Aditi Ashok, Ashleigh Buhai, Pei-Yun Chien, Chella Choi, Jacqui Concolino, Lindy Duncan, Sandra Gal, Hannah Green, Jaye Marie Green, Haeji Kang, Katherine Kirk, Bronte Law, Mirim Lee, Ally McDonald, Su-Hyun Oh, Ryann O'Toole, Jane Park, Pornanong Phatlum, Jennifer Song, Mariah Stackhouse, Emma Talley, Pannarat Thanapolboonyaras, Ayako Uehara, Sakura Yokomine, Celine Boutier, Gaby Lopez, Annie Park, Jasmine Suwannapura, Marina Alex, Sei Young Kim, Minjee Lee, Amy Yang, Brittany Altomare, Austin Ernst, Jodi Ewart Shadoff, Shanshan Feng, Moriya Jutanugarn, Cristie Kerr, Jessica Korda, Jeongeun Lee, Mi Hyang Lee, Yu Liu, Caroline Masson, Azahara Munoz, Amy Olson, Lizette Salas, Jenny Shin, Angel Yin
- From the 2019 official LPGA money list, the top 10 money leaders through the close of entries on April 17, 2019. Players must select a qualifying site at the time of entry. (Must have filed an entry by April 17, 2019)
- Winners of LPGA co-sponsored events, whose victories are considered official, from the conclusion of the 2018 U.S. Women’s Open Championship to the initiation of the 2019 U.S. Women’s Open Championship
- Top five LET members from the final 2018 LET Order of Merit and the top five money leaders from the final 2018 Japan LPGA Tour and Korea LPGA Tour: Mamiko Higa, Jiyai Shin, Ai Suzuki, Jenny Haglund, Caroline Hedwall, Sarah Kemp, Jeongeun Lee6, Misuzu Narita, Anne Van Dam
- Top three money leaders from the 2018 China LPGA Tour: Saranporn Langkulgasettrin, Yan Liu, Supamas Sangchan
- From the current Rolex Rankings, the top 50 point leaders and anyone tying for 50th place as of April 17, 2019. Players must select a qualifying site at the time of entry. (Must have filed an entry by April 17, 2019.)
- From the current Rolex Rankings, the top 50 point leaders and anyone tying for 50th place as of May 27, 2019 (if not previously exempt). Players must select a qualifying site at the time of entry.
- Special exemptions as selected by the USGA. Must have filed an entry by April 17, 2019. Deadline for submission of request: April 17, 2019. Players must select a qualifying site at the time of entry: Karrie Webb, Stacy Lewis, Gerina Piller
- Sectional qualifiers: Fatima Fernandez Cano, Leona Maguire, Yuka Saso, Ingrid Gutierrez Nunez, Megan Osland, Andrea Lee, Suzuka Yamaguchi, Rose Zhang, Megan Furtney, Wichanee Meechai, Lucrezia Colombotto Russo, Hayley Davis, Esther Henseleit, Gina Kim, Jennifer Kupcho, Heather Young, Babe Liu, Prima Thammaraks, Tiffany Chan, Dori Carter, Marissa Steen, Maria Fernanda Torres Martinez, Jing Yan, Haruka Amamoto, Hina Arakaki, Eri Okayama, Nanako Ueno, Yuri Yoshida, Jiyu Jung, Dasom Ma, Karine Icher, Reagan Zibiliski, Megha Ganne, Celeste Dao, Nanna Koerstz Madsen, Morgan Pressel, Charlotte Thomas, Sierra Brooks, Maria Fassi, Rachel Virgili, Ty Akabane, Sabrina Iqbal, Albane Valenzuela, Jennifer Chang, Gabriela Ruffels, Kaitlyn Papp, Amy Ruengmateekhun, Jimin Kang, Stephanie Meadow, Sarah Schmelzel, Amanda Hollandsworth, Karoline Stormo, Delfina Acosta, Alexa Pano, Olafia Kristinsdottir, Auston Kim, Naomi Ko