With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2018 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We move from Malaysia to Jeju Island in South Korea this week for the second CJ Cup at Nine Bridges. This is another no-cut invitational event, and its $9 million plus purse is an even bigger draw as is, frankly, the golf course. We had a great first-year showdown with Justin Thomas and Marc Leishman last year, and Leishman is coming off a big win at the CIMB. Meanwhile, Brooks Koepka is in the fray for the field this week.
Unfortunately, Xander Schauffele fell off the blistering pace at TPC Kuala Lumpur but still did finish in the top third of the field.
2018 CJ Cup at Nine Bridges One and Done picks
- Marc Leishman: Wanna go with him for a second week in a row? He's a bit streaky, so I could endorse that play.
- Justin Thomas: I mean, you could use him here, and I wouldn't call that a bad play. But this is a no-cut event. Take a risk.
- Ben An: An is playing some of the best, most consistent golf of his career. He was T-11 here last year, and he's coming off a great week in Malaysia.
- Paul Casey: Casey is a solid play in these Asian events. He doesn't have a ton of natural domestic fits, but he was T-13 last week and T-18 here last year.
My pick this week will be Paul Casey. I love his all around game as a fit for Nine Bridges Club, and he needs fewer putts to fall to give himself the best chance to win, particularly compared with the CIMB Classic.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey