The 2018 Ryder Cup kicks off on Friday morning from Le Golf National in Paris, France, with the 12 American players and 12 European players gathering for the opening day of eight matches.
In the morning session, which starts at 2 a.m. Eastern time in the United States, there will be four matches of either fourball -- also known as best ball -- or foursomes -- also known as alternate shot. European captain Thomas Bjorn has selected the order of the sessions with fourball going first, with the matches announced after a blind submission of lineups by both captain Bjorn and US captain Jim Furyks during Thursday's opening ceremony.
At 11:30 a.m. local time on Friday, during the opening session, captains Bjorn and Furyk will submit their lineups for the afternoon foursomes session. They'll have 30 minutes to make any more changes before lineups are locked at noon.
However, while we don't know the matches and order of play, we do know the tee times for the two Friday sessions.
The 2018 Ryder Cup Friday TV coverage is on Golf Channel from 2 a.m. Eastern.
2018 Ryder Cup Friday tee times and pairings
All times are local (Paris is +6 hours from the US Eastern time zone)
Friday morning fourball
- 8:10 a.m. (2:10 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 1 -- Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau vs. Justin Rose and Jon Rahm
- 8:25 a.m. (2:25 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 2 -- Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler vs. Rory McIlroy and Thorbjorn Olesen
- 8:40 a.m. (2:40 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 3 -- Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas vs. Paul Casey and Tyrrell Hatton
- 8:55 a.m. (2:55 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 4 -- Tiger Woods and Patrick Reed vs. Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood
Friday afternoon foursomes
- 1:50 p.m. (7:50 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 5 -- Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler vs. Henrik Stenson and Justin Rose
- 2:05 p.m. (8:10 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 6 -- Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson vs. Rory McIlroy and Ian Poulter
- 2:20 p.m. (8:20 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 7 -- Phil Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau vs. Sergio Garcia and Alex Noren
- 2:35 p.m. (8:35 a.m. Eastern) -- Match 8 -- Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas vs. Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood