If you can't get enough PGA Tour coverage (and who can't), then you're going to be happy with the Tour's new partnership with Facebook.
The PGA Tour will broadcast early Saturday and Sunday featured group coverage of eight events on Facebook Watch, serving as a precursor to weekend coverage on Golf Channel. In total, 60 hours of coverage will be streamed on the social media giant. Similar to how PGA Tour Live handles early Thursday-Friday coverage, these streams, which will begin at approximately 8:30 a.m. Eastern each day, will feature a pair of featured groups in the hours leading up to broadcast coverage on Golf Channel.
What will be different is how the PGA Tour Live-branded streams on Facbeook will welcome and integrate fan interaction, including question-and-answer segments, comments on air and more.
The eight tournaments included in the deal are:
- June 23-24: Travelers Championship
- June 30-July 1: Quicken Loans National
- July 7-8: A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier
- July 14-15: John Deere Classic
- July 28-29: RBC Canadian Open
- Aug. 4-5: WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
- Aug. 18-19: Wyndham Championship
- Aug. 25-26: The Northern Trust
The PGA Tour will also produce on-demand content for Facebook, including previews, highlights and round recaps.