The PGA Tour has announced the 2018 PGA Tour Champions schedule, with the 50-and-up docket boasting 27 official events, with several new sponsors and tournaments.
The $56.6 million schedule starts in Hawaii from January 18-20 with the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai.
The two new events are The Ally Challenge, played Sept. 14-16 at mainstay Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club in Grand Blanc, Mich., and the Sanford International contested the following week at Minnehaha Country Club in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Two March events have new sponsors, with the Tuscon Conquistadores event becoming the ColoGuard Classic, played March 2-4 and the Mississippi Gulf Coast event becoming the Rapiscan Systems Classic taking place later in the month.
The Toshiba Classic in California returns to March after being last played in 2016 with an October date.
The Charles Schwab Cup playoff docket remains the same, with the Dominion Energy Charity Classic kicking off the proceedings with 72 players from Oct. 19-21. The PowerShares QQQ Championship will have 54 players at Sherwood C.C. in California the next week before a week off ahead of the 36-player Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Phoenix Country Club in Arizona.
The Japan Airlines Championship and the Pacific Links Bear Mountain Championship drop off the schedule.
2018 PGA Tour Champions schedule
- Jan. 18-20 (Saturday finish) -- Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai, Hualalai Golf Course, Ka'upulehu-Kona, HI, $1,800,000
- Feb. 9-11 -- Boca Raton Championship, The Old Course at Broken Sound Club, Boca Raton, FL, $1,600,000
- Feb. 12-18 -- Chubb Classic, The TwinEagles Club (Talon Course), Naples, FL, $1,600,000
- March 2-4 -- Cologuard Classic, Omni Tucson National (Catalina Course), Tucson, AZ, $1,700,000
- March 9-11 -- Toshiba Classic, Newport Beach Country Club, Newport Beach, CA, $1,800,000
- March TBD -- Rapiscan Systems Classic, Fallen Oak, Biloxi, MS, $1,600,000
- April 13-15 -- Mitsubishi Electric Classic, TPC Sugarloaf, Duluth, GA, $1,800,000
- April 20-22 -- Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge, Big Cedar Lodge (Top of the Rock, Mountain Top, Buffalo Ridge Springs Courses), Ridgedale, MO, $1,800,000
- May 4-6 -- Insperity Invitational, The Woodlands Country Club (Tournament Course), The Woodlands, TX (Houston), $2,200,000
- May 17-20 -- Regions Tradition, Greystone Golf & Country Club, Birmingham, AL, $2,400,000
- May 24-27 -- KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, Harbor Shores, Benton Harbor, MI ($3,000,000)
- June 8-10 -- Principal Charity Classic, Wakonda Club Des Moines, IA, $1,750,000
- June 22-24 -- American Family Insurance Championship, University Ridge Golf Course, Madison, WI, $2,000,000
- June 28 - July 1 -- U.S. Senior Open Championship FS1 The Broadmoor Resort, Colorado Springs, CO, $4,000,000
- July 12-15 -- Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship, Exmoor Country Club, Highland Park, IL, $2,800,000
- July 26-29 -- Senior Open Championship Presented by Rolex, Old Course, St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland, $2,000,000
- Aug. 3-5 -- 3M Championship, TPC Twin Cities Blaine, MN, $1,750,000
- Aug. 17-19 -- Dick'S Sporting Goods Open, En-Joie Golf Course, Endicott, NY, $2,050,000
- Aug. 24-26 -- Boeing Classic, The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge, Snoqualmie, WA, $2,100,000
- Aug. 31 - Sept. 2 -- Shaw Charity Classic, Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club, Calgary, AB, Canada, $2,350,000
- Sept. 14-16 -- The Ally Challenge, Warwick Hills Golf & Country Club, Grand Blanc, MI, $2,000,000
- Sept. 21-23 -- Sanford International, Minnehaha Country Club Sioux Falls, SD, $1,800,000
- Sept. 28-30 -- Pure Insurance Championship, Pebble Beach Golf Links and Poppy Hills Golf Course, Pebble Beach, CA, $2,100,000
- Oct 12-14 -- SAS Championship, Prestonwood Country Club Cary, NC, $2,100,000
- Oct. 19-21 -- Dominion Energy Charity Classic, The Country Club of Virginia (James River Course) Richmond, VA, $2,000,000
- Oct. 26-28 -- PowerShares QQQ Championship, Sherwood Country Club Thousand Oaks, CA, $2,000,000
- Nov 9-11 -- Charles Schwab Cup Championship, Phoenix Country Club Phoenix, AZ, $2,500,000