With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 Wyndham Championship this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
2017 Wyndham Championship One and Done picks
- Henrik Stenson: Stenson's starting to come around, playing in the top 17 in his last three PGA Tour starts. He should devour this field.
- Webb Simpson: Webber has won here before and he hasn't missed a cut since May. He did whine a little too much about Quail Hollow.
- Bill Haas: Haas is a Carolina boy not playing great and not playing badly. He's a good option in this very weak field.
- Kevin Kisner: Kiz had the PGA in his sights but he fell apart on the final three holes. Could make up for it this week.
- Jason Dufner: Sedgefield is a great course for ballstrikers, so Dufner would fit the profile well.
My pick this week will be Kevin Kisner. I wound gun it on Stenson if he were available.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-11)
- Valero Texas Open: Brendan Steele (T-62)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Ryan Palmer (with Jordan Spieth) (4th)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-24)
- The Players Championship: Kevin Chappell (T-35)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Brooks Koepka (T-50)
- Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial: Bud Cauley (T-41)
- the Memorial Tournament: Tony Finau (T-40)
- FedEx St. Jude Classic: Phil Mickelson (9th)
- U.S. Open: Dustin Johnson (MC)
- Travelers Championship: Marc Leishman (T-17)
- Quicken Loans National: Kyle Stanley (WIN)
- The Greenbrier Classic: Webb Simpson (T-14)
- John Deere Classic: Brian Harman (T-10)
- British Open Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-27)
- Barbasol Championship: Chesson Hadley (T-27)
- RBC Canadian Open: Ian Poulter (3rd)
- WGC-Bridgestone Invitational: Zach Johnson (2nd)
- Barracuda Championship: Robert Garrigus (T-6)
- PGA Championship: Rory McIlroy (T-22)
- Wyndham Championship: Kevin Kisner