The Ladies European Tour is looking for a new chief executive after Ivan Khodabakhsh was ousted from his position after nearly five years on the job and while the LET schedule is crumbling.
Seven Ladies European Tour events have been cancelled this season, with another event recently added to the list while the planned tournament in Qatar is on the watch list to not be played over political concerns in the region.
LET chairman Mark Lichtenhein is now interim chief executive while a search for a permanent hire begins.
Rumors began about Khodabakhsh's demise when, according to National Club Golfer, he was at neither the Ladies Scottish Open or Women's British Open. Players, who had been asked in the past to not go public with critiques of the shrinking schedule, were also asked not to talk about his absence.
Khodabakhsh, who had come from a boxing background, had hoped to add some flare to the LET and expand playing opportunities. The opposite has happened, with this year's Solheim Cup qualifying process marred by a lack of consistent tournaments to earn points.
On Aug. 7, players were told the Xiamen International Ladies Open in China had been cancelled due to a lack of funding and that the event in Qatar remains unlikely to happen.
The LET is said to be in substantial financial trouble. It's unclear how a new chief executive can overcome sponsorship and balance-sheet issues.