With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
The WGC-Bridgestone Invitational is back in its traditional spot, the week before the PGA Championship, with Dustin Johnson defending the title he won last year in June against a much smaller field. Every top-50 player is in the field and available, so giddy up for a no-cut event!
2017 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational One and Done picks
- Dustin Johnson: From last week, on repeat: Always have to consider the world No. 1 if you haven't used him, but you probably already have. If not, may I suggest the WGC in Akron or the PGA Championship?
- Adam Scott: He has languished this year, but he has a spectacular record at Akron, including a W. Then again, said the same thing at the U.S. Open.
- Bubba Watson: Watson is showing signs of life in time for Firestone, a place he plays well.
- Brooks Koepka: If you're saving him for the Playoffs, that's a good call. If you need a bomber this week, T-6 here two years ago.
- Justin Rose: Rose has three top-five finishes here in recent memory. Probably aren't using him at the PGA but you could in the Playoffs.
- Rickie Fowler: Just loves Firestone. But you probably used him already, or you should consider him strongly for the PGA.
- Zach Johnson: ZJ is T-5 and T-14 in his last two PGA Tour starts, and he performs really well in this WGC. Good spot start.
My pick this week will be Zach Johnson. I'm trying to save firepower for next week and the Playoffs.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-11)
- Valero Texas Open: Brendan Steele (T-62)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Ryan Palmer (with Jordan Spieth) (4th)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-24)
- The Players Championship: Kevin Chappell (T-35)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Brooks Koepka (T-50)
- Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial: Bud Cauley (T-41)
- the Memorial Tournament: Tony Finau (T-40)
- FedEx St. Jude Classic: Phil Mickelson (9th)
- U.S. Open: Dustin Johnson (MC)
- Travelers Championship: Marc Leishman (T-17)
- Quicken Loans National: Kyle Stanley (WIN)
- The Greenbrier Classic: Webb Simpson (T-14)
- John Deere Classic: Brian Harman (T-10)
- British Open Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-27)
- Barbasol Championship: Chesson Hadley (T-27)
- RBC Canadian Open: Ian Poulter (3rd)
- WGC-Bridgestone Invitational: Zach Johnson
- Barracuda Championship: CLICK HERE