The 2017 US Women's Open kicks off July 13 from Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., with some of the best players in the world looking for the biggest payday in women's golf. The 156-player field will compete for a $5,000,000 purse with a winner's share coming in at $900,000 in the 72-hole event.
To earn a spot on is the 2017 US Women's Open field, a player has to meet one of 18 exemption criteria or get in through sectional qualifying.
The US Women's Open will air on Fox and FS1 throughout the course of the weekend.
US Women's Open qualifying and exemption categories
- Winners of the U.S. Women's Open for the last ten years (2007–2016) -- Choi Na-yeon, Chun In-gee, Paula Creamer, Ji Eun-hee, Cristie Kerr, Brittany Lang, Inbee Park, Ryu So-yeon, Michelle Wie
- Winner and runner-up from the 2016 U.S. Women's Amateur (must be an amateur) -- Virginia Elena Carta (a), Seong Eun-jeong (a)
- Winner of the 2017 British Ladies Amateur Golf Championship (must be an amateur) -- Leona Maguire (a)
- Winner of the 2016 Mark H. McCormack Medal (must be an amateur) -- N/A
- Winners of the Women's PGA Championship for the last five years (2013–2017) -- Brooke Henderson, Danielle Kang
- Winners of the Ricoh Women's British Open for the last five years (2012–2016) -- Ariya Jutanugarn, Stacy Lewis, Mo Martin, Jiyai Shin
- Winners of the ANA Inspiration for the last five years (2013–2017) -- Lydia Ko, Brittany Lincicome, Lexi Thompson
- Winners of the Evian Championship for the last four years (2013–2016) -- Kim Hyo-joo, Suzann Pettersen
- Winner of the 2016 Olympic Gold Medal -- N/A
- Ten lowest scorers and anyone tying for 10th place from the 2016 US Women's Open -- Jodi Ewart Shadoff, Anna Nordqvist, Park Sung-hyun, Gerina Piller, Amy Yang
- Top 75 money leaders from the 2016 final official LPGA money list -- Marina Alex, Katie Burnett, Chella Choi, Carlota Ciganda, Jacqui Concolino, Austin Ernst, Shanshan Feng, Sandra Gal, Charley Hull, M. J. Hur, Karine Icher, Jang Ha-na, Moriya Jutanugarn, Kim Kaufman, Megan Khang, Christina Kim, In-Kyung Kim, Kim Sei-young, Jessica Korda, Candie Kung, Alison Lee, Lee Mi-hyang, Minjee Lee, Mirim Lee, Lin Xiyu, Pernilla Lindberg, Gaby López, Caroline Masson, Catriona Matthew, Ai Miyazato, Mika Miyazato, Azahara Muñoz, Haru Nomura, Su-Hyun Oh, Ryann O'Toole, Lee-Anne Pace, Park Hee-young, Pornanong Phatlum, Morgan Pressel, Beatriz Recari, Paula Reto, Lizette Salas, Alena Sharp, Jenny Shin, Kelly Shon, Sarah Jane Smith, Jennifer Song, Angela Stanford, Kris Tamulis, Mariajo Uribe, Karrie Webb, Jing Yan, Sakura Yokomine
- Top 10 money leaders from the 2017 official LPGA money list, through the close of entries on May 17 -- N/A
- Winners of LPGA co-sponsored events, whose victories are considered official, from the conclusion of the 2016 U.S. Women's Open to the initiation of the 2017 U.S. Women's Open -- N/A
- Top five money leaders from the 2016 Japan LPGA Tour, Korea LPGA Tour and Ladies European Tour -- Beth Allen, Aditi Ashok, Isabelle Boineau, Cho Yoon-ji, Georgia Hall, Kim Ha-neul, Ko Jin-young, Lee Bo-mee, Lee Jung-min, Florentyna Parker, Ritsuko Ryu, Ai Suzuki
- Top three money leaders from the 2016 China LPGA Tour -- Supamas Sangchan, Shi Yuting, Zhang Weiwei
- Top 50 point leaders from the current Rolex Rankings and anyone tying for 50th place as of May 17 -- Sun-ju, Bae Seon-woo, Jeon Mi-jeong, Kim Hae-rym, Kim Min-sun, Lee Min-young, Lee Jung-eun, Teresa Lu
- Top 50 point leaders from the current Rolex Rankings and anyone tying for 50th place as of July 9 -- N/A
- Special exemptions selected by the USGA -- N/A
2017 US Women's Open sectional qualifiers
Kyung Kim, Emma Henrikson, Haruka Morita-WanyaoLu, Rumi Yoshiba, Tsai Pei-Ying, Fumika Kawagishi, Bailey Tardy (a), Laura Gonzalez Escallon, Jennifer Kupcho (a), Robyn Choi (a), Kang So-whi (a), Brianna Do, Cheyenne Woods, Dylan Kim (a), Morgane Metraux (a), Belén Mozo, Casey Danielson, Dana Williams (a), August Kim (a), Paphangkorn Tavatanakit (a), Mariel Galdiano (a), Emily Childs, Ty Akabane (a), Yan Liu, Carly Booth, Caroline Hedwall, Meghan MacLaren, Kelsey MacDonald, Jane Park, Rachel Heck (a), Samantha Wagner, Thidapa Suwannapura, Stephanie Meadow, Nanna Koerstz Madsen, Ally McDonald, Pei-Yun Chien, Anne Chen (a), Marissa Steen, Jessica Welch, Wei-Ling Hsu, Emma Bradley (a), Ashleigh Buhai, Elin Arvidsson, Choi Hye-jin (a), Tiffany Joh, Lee Jeong-eun, Natalie Srinivasan (a), Lauren Stephenson (a), Becky Morgan, Brooke Seay (a)