If you ever find yourself with a lie on the golf course that requires you to stand on the edge of a water hazard -- especially on bulkhead posts -- then you need to have one of two things:
- A really good sense of balance
- The ability to hit the ball from the side of the ledge
It turns out that this golfer didn't have either.
Mike Ferik was playing on the 15th hole at Alta Vista Country Club in Placentia, Calif., on Memorial Day Monday when he found himself in such a spot. He decided to play from his dominant right side, shortening the distance between him and the ball to take a cut and try to advance it forward.
He hits the ball, sure, but he chunks it, sways too much and then...well...SPLASH. Ferik falls in the water, and his friends absolutely lose it, doubling down on the ground in laughter.
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year