The 2016 Masters kicks off on Thursday with a weather forecast predicting temperatures reaching the 70s with a steadily increasing wind, including gusts of more than 35 mph in the afternoon. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 89-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2016 Masters first round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is fairly easy, especially running up the neck with a second shot
- The pin on the par-3 4th will become increasingly difficult to reach as the wind picks up in the afternoon
- The hole location on the 5th will be hard to reach, but should be easy to get to on the 6th
- On the 9th, the cup is in a precarious place, that could lead to a lot of 3-putts
- For the 11th and 12th holes, the hole locations are pretty generous
- The locations at the par-5 13th and 15th holes are treacherous, inviting 3-putts and bad misses
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.