Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks, presented by DraftKings.com. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? Play with us this week! Get a free entry with your first deposit.
There are only 70 players in this no-cut event, meaning that, no matter who you pick, you'll get four rounds out of every player in your lineups. Use that wisely this week at Conway Farms, which hosts again for the first time since 2013. Jim Furyk shot 59 there in 2013, but Zach Johnson walked away the winner. Assuming similar scoring conditions, that means birdies will be plentiful this week.
We didn't have Rickie Fowler in our Deutsche Bank Championship rankings, but we did have Henrik Stenson for you. Not bad.
On to the picks!
1. Jason Day -- Day looked like a tired man at TPC Boston, where his streak of 22 consecutive rounds at par or better on the PGA Tour came to an end. He still finished T-12. He was T-4 at Conway Farms in 2013. A week off should be a big help.
2. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson may have crapped the bed on the 70th hole of the Deutsche Bank, but he's played pretty flawless golf throughout the first two playoff events. When he plays this way, he makes a ton of birdies. However, the catch is that the last time he played here in 2013, he snapped his driver in two.
3. Rickie Fowler -- How does Fowler go from off the radar to third? Winning. We've seen he doesn't always have a carry-over from a win to his next start (see the Scottish and British Opens), but if he's in it, he's in it to win it.
4. Jordan Spieth -- Good news, Spieth loyalists! He's guaranteed four rounds this week. Spieth tends to get over poor performances pretty quickly, but four bad rounds in a row, leading to two missed cuts, is a concern.
5. Rory McIlroy -- McIlroy made his playoff debut at the Deutsche Bank, and, as expected, it looked rusty. His putting was atrocious. If he can make the adjustment and see the lines well at Conway Farms, McIlroy should have a good week.
7. Zach Johnson -- Johnson was the winner here two years ago. Conway Farms isn't very long, so it plays into his hands. The only thing to look out for is the wacky Tom Fazio green complexes.
8. Matt Kuchar -- Kooch is playing good golf again, albeit somewhat quietly. He's been in the top 10 in three of his last five PGA Tour starts, including the Deutsche Bank. He was T-24 here in 2013.
9. Kevin Kisner -- Kisner is another guy back in good form with top-20 finishes in both playoff events, following a four-event stretch that included two missed cuts. Short game should be an asset here.
10. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson posted an uninspiring T-44 at TPC Boston, but that was after a pair of top-10 finishes at the PGA and The Barclays. He wasn't good here in 2013, finishing T-62. May be too expensive in some leagues.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Zach Johnson -- $9,500
2. Matt Kuchar -- $9,200
3. Kevin Kisner -- $8,100
4. Matt Jones -- $7,900
5. Tony Finau -- $7,600
6. Kevin Chappell -- $7,500
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.