The 2015 U.S. Open field is taking shape by the day as we get closer to the start of the tournament at Chambers Bay G.C. in University Place, Wash., on June 18.
Players can make their way into the 156-player field either by fitting into an exemption category or earning a spot through a sectional qualifying tournament. Past major champions, points and money leaders and winners of other big amateur and professional events all get a free pass into the year's second major.
Here's a look at the current 2015 U.S. Open field, exemption categories and qualifier results:
2. Winner and runner-up of the 2014 U.S. Amateur Championship (must be an amateur) -- Gunn Yang
3. Winner of the 2014 British Amateur Championship (must be an amateur) -- Bradley Neil
4. Winner of the 2014 Mark H. McCormack Medal (top-ranked in Men’s World Amateur Golf Rankings; must be an amateur) -- Oliver Schniederjans
5. Winners of the Masters Tournament the last five years -- Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson, Adam Scott, Charl Schwartzel
6. Winners of the British Open Championship the last five years -- Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen
7. Winners of the PGA of America Championship the last five years -- Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley
8. Winners of the Players Championship the last three years -- Rickie Fowler
9. Winner of the 2015 European Tour BMW PGA Championship -- Byeong-hun An
10. Winner of the 2014 U.S. Senior Open Championship -- Colin Montgomerie
11. From the 2014 U.S. Open Championship, the 10 lowest scorers and anyone tying for 10th place -- Erik Compton, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Henrik Stenson, Brandt Snedeker, Jimmy Walker
12. Players qualifying for the season-ending 2014 Tour Championship -- Billy Horschel, Jim Furyk, Chris Kirk, Ryan Palmer, Sergio Garcia, Gary Woodland, Russell Henley, Matt Kuchar, Cameron Tringale, Bill Haas, Brendon Todd, Kevin Na, Patrick Reed, Zach Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama, Hunter Mahan, John Senden, Morgan Hoffmann
13. From the current official World Golf Rankings, the top 60 point leaders and ties as of May 25, 2015 -- J.B. Holmes, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Jamie Donaldson, Victor Dubuisson, Brandt Snedeker, Ryan Moore, Thongchai Jaidee, Paul Casey, Branden Grace, Danny Willett, Anirban Lahiri, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Joost Luiten, Matt Every, Bernd Wiesberger, Ben Martin, Shane Lowry, Stephen Gallacher, Tommy Fleetwood, Charley Hoffman, George Coetzee, Francesco Molinari, Marc Warren, Marc Leishman
14. From the current official World Golf Rankings, the top 60 point leaders and ties as of June 15, 2015 -- TBD
15. Special exemptions as selected by the USGA -- TBD
2015 U.S. Open sectional qualifying results
Japan (5 spots) -- Liang Wen-chong, Masahiro Kawamura, Baek Seuk Hyun, Kurt Barnes, Hiroyuki Fujita
Surrey, England (11 spots) -- Alexander Levy, Shiv Kapur, John Parry, Alex Noren, Lucas Bjerregaard, Jason Palmer, Marcel Siem, Tjaart Van Der Walt, Garth Mulroy, Thomas Aiken, Marcus Fraser
Big Canyon Country Club & Newport Beach Country Club, Newport Beach, Calif. (112 players for six spots): Kevin Lucas, Jared Becher, Beau Hossler (a), Jake Knapp (a), Brian Campbell (a), Josh Anderson, Alex Kim
The Bear’s Club, Jupiter, Fla. (70 players for four spots): Andrew Pope, Luke Donald, Jack Maguire (a), Sam Horsfield (a)
Hawks Ridge Golf Club, Ball Ground, Ga. (42 players for three spots): Matthew NeSmith (a), Lee McCoy, Roberto Castro: -12
Woodmont Country Club (North Course), Rockville, Md. (56 players for three spots): Denny McCarthy (a), Billy Hurley III, Timothy O'Neal
Old Oaks Country Club & Century Country Club, Purchase, N.Y. (71 players for four spots): Lee Janzen, Jamie Lovemark, Rich Berberian Jr., Pat Wilson
Brookside Golf & Country Club & Lakes Golf & Country Club, Columbus, Ohio (120 players for 15 spots): Michael Putnam, Samuel Saunders, David Heard, Bryson DeChambeau (a), Sebastian Cappelen, Daniel Summerhays, George McNeill, Ryo Ishikawa, Brad Fritsch, Cameron Smith, Bo Van Pelt, Camilo Villegas, D.A. Points, Robert Streb, Danny Lee
Springfield Country Club, Springfield, Ohio (67 players for four spots): Michael Davan, Tony Finau, Nick Hardy (a), Stephan Jaeger
Germantown Country Club & Ridgeway Country Club, Memphis, Tenn. (121 players for 10 spots): Tyler Duncan, Blayne Barber, Brad Elder, Tom Hoge, Brandon Hagy, Charlie Beljan, Brian Harman, Andres Romero, Davis Riley (a), Retief Goosen
Northwood Club, Dallas, Texas (six spots): Mark Silvers, Cole Hammer (a), Matt Mabrey (a), Cody Gribble, Jason Allred, Kyle Jones (a)
Tumble Creek Club, Cle Elum, Wash. (50 players for three spots): Cheng-Tsung Pan (a), Richard Lee, Troy Kelly
THAT WAS FUN, RIGHT?!
Get more from GNN in your inbox, including great deals and contests!
If your email address disappears, it worked! We'll never sell your info.