Each week, including this week’s 2020 BMW Championship, Golf News Net offers daily fantasy (DFS) golf advice, picks, lineups and tips for DraftKings PGA Tour games, scrutinizing the pricing model and looking for players who will perform best in both guaranteed prize pool (GPP) events and cash games.[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
To see our hidden picks and weekly model, join Forebucks!
For just $50 for 12 months or for free with a qualifying sportsbook deposit, Forebucks members get access to our winning weekly PGA Tour event model, in-depth DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends, as well exclusive members-only content.
You’ll also have access to our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2020 BMW Championship DraftKings picks
Each week, we’ll offer players in 3-5 buckets of pricing so as to offer some mix-and-matching with your lineups based on our recommendations.
Recent PGA Tour Trends
We start by looking at the recent past, back at players who have finished inside the top 15 in the last five individual PGA Tour events.
- Daniel Berger – 3 – 2nd WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-13 PGA Championship, 3rd Northern Trust
- Jason Day – 4 – T-7 Workday Charity Open, 4th Memorial, T-6 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-4 PGA Championship
- Tony Finau – 3 – T-8 Memorial, T-3 3M Open, T-4 PGA Championship
- Matt Fitzpatrick – 2 – T-3 Memorial, T-6 WGC FedEx St. Jude
- Russell Henley – 2 – T-7 Workday Charity Open, T-9 Wyndham Championship
- Billy Horschel – 2 – T-13 Memorial, 2nd Wyndham Championship
- Mackenzie Hughes – 2 – T-6 Memorial, T-13 Northern Trust
- Dustin Johnson – 3 – T-12 WGC FedEx St. Jude, 2nd PGA Championship, WIN Northern Trust
- Kevin Kisner – 2 – 3rd Wyndham Championship, T-4 Northern Trust
- Alex Noren – 2 – T-3 3M Open, T-8 Northern Trust
- Louis Oosthuizen – 2 – T-6 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-13 Northern Trust
- Ryan Palmer – 3 – 2nd Memorial, T-15 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-8 Northern Trust
- Jon Rahm – 3 – WIN Memorial, T-13 PGA Championship, T-6 Northern Trust
- Patrick Reed – 3 – T-10 Memorial, T-12 PGA Championship, T-9 Wyndham Championship
- Xander Schauffele – 3 – T-13 Memorial, T-6 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-10 PGA Championship
- Scottie Scheffler – 3 – T-15 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-4 PGA Championship, T-4 Northern Trust
- Robby Shelton – 2 – T-3 3M Open, T-13 Northern Trust
- Webb Simpson – 3 – T-12 WGC FedEx St. Jude, T-3 Wyndham Championship, T-6 Northern Trust
- Matthew Wolff – 2 – T-12 3M Open, T-4 PGA Championship
Event Finish History
We like to look for potential horses for courses with most PGA Tour events, particularly those with regular host courses. Here are players with multiple top-15 finishes in this event in the last five years it was played, regardless of venue.
- Daniel Berger – 2
- Patrick Cantlay – 2
- Jason Day – 2
- Tony Finau – 3
- Billy Horschel – 2
- Dustin Johnson – 2
- Matt Kuchar – 2
- Hideki Matsuyama – 3
- Rory McIlroy – 2
- Kevin Na – 2
- Jon Rahm – 2
- Adam Scott – 2
- Webb Simpson – 2
- Justin Thomas – 3
It seems to me the best way to use Strokes Gained data is to give a sense of a course fit. My working theory is a player is a course fit — or a potential course fit, at least — if their Strokes Gained breakout when they finish in the top 25 is similar to the average for top-25 finishers at this week’s event.
We don’t have an event at Olympia Fields, so we’re flying blind this week.
2020 BMW Championship DraftKings recommendations
$10,000 and up
We have six players in this group, and I think you can look at all six and find something to feel good about here. But I like DJ, Webb, then Rahm as my top three.
We have 19 players in this group, and this is typically where you really make your team. Berger, Morikawa, Day, Scheffler, Cantlay, Finau, Kisner, English, Matt Wolff and Horschel would be my guys.
DraftKings typically breaks the rest of the field in half at the $7,000 mark. I don’t really love many players in this range this week, especially with the field construction. Matty Fitz, Palmer, Woodland — that’s probably it. Adam Hadwin, maybe.
Below or at $7,000
We’re looking for bargains in this range. Mark Hubbard gets no love. Brian Harman, Gooch, Dahmen, Mav McNealy and Harry Higgs are worth a look.
My BMW Championship DraftKings GPP lineup
- Daniel Berger – $9,700
- Scottie Scheffler – $9,000
- Kevin Kisner – $8,400
- Harris English – $8,300
- Matthew Wolff – $8,200
- Harry Higgs – $6,100