With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, continue at the 2019 Zozo Championship this week and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We rolled the dice on Danny Willett last week, and the man got boat-raced by Justin Thomas, who went on to win his second title in this event's three playings. Pretty remarkable run for the guy in Asia, which has been where he kills it. Now we're on to the Zozo Championship in Japan, with the inaugural playing of an official PGA Tour event in Japan. This is a tighter-looking course for the players, but it doesn't seem so tight as to preclude good scoring.
Again, like with the CJ Cup, we have to think of this event like a WGC. The purse is similar. There's no cut. There's a great field assembled.
2019 Zozo Championship One and Done picks
- Jason Day: The CJ Cup may be what Day needed. Looked good in the skins game, too. Big confidence and belief guy.
- Patrick Reed: Reed has looked great lately. Really. T-4 in his last start in the BMW PGA, and Wentworth seems somewhat similar to our host this week.
- Adam Scott: Hard to ever dislike Adam Scott, but this seems like a good spot to continue his form.
- Matthew Fitzpatrick: Fitz has been playing well on the European Tour, and he's been close to a win recently.
My pick this week will be Adam Scott. He was already in Japan last week and finished T-5, so there's no adjusting for him.
2019-2020 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland (T-10)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Denny McCarthy (T-18)
- Safeway Open: Kevin Na (MC)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Webb Simpson (T-7)
- Houston Open: Scottie Scheffler (T-28)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Danny Willett (T-46)
- Zozo Championship: Adam Scott