With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, continue at the 2019 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open this week and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you’re not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We had our first old cut/new cut problem this past weekend, with Kevin Na missing the cut at the Safeway Open by a shot. He would have made the cut under the old rule (top 70 and ties), but we move on this week to Vegas, which has its best-ever field. Plenty of names to like this week.
2019 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open One and Done picks
- Tony Finau: Finau did well in the Alfred Dunhill Links last week, but he may be gassed now.
- Webb Simpson: Simpson seemed to run out of a little steam at the end of the season, but he’s done well historically in this event and he’s now rested.
- Adam Scott: Scott finished T-17 at the Safeway Open, and he has some Vegas roots with UNLV.
- Bryson DeChambeau: Not the best weekend for Bryson after a great opening 36, but he could be coming back to better.
My pick this week will be Webb Simpson. He has a great history in this event, and he’s been playing really well.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland (T-10)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Denny McCarthy (T-18)
- Safeway Open: Kevin Na (MC)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Webb Simpson