With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 Sanderson Farms Championship will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
Very solid week to kick off the season at The Greenbrier. Vik Hovland once again crushed it on Sunday with a 64, moving up into a T-10 finish. Joaquin Niemann was phenomenal in picking up his first PGA Tour win, and it's been a track he's been on for six weeks now.
This week is the Sanderson Farms Championship, which has a reputation for delivering first-time winners. There are just three top-50 players in this field, so looking young isn't a bad idea.
2019 Sanderson Farms Championship One and Done picks
- Lucas Glover -- Semi-local guy plays this event well, and he's a known solid cut-maker with high finishes here.
- Denny McCarthy -- Strong second round at Greenbrier, and this event is more forgiving to an errant tee ball like his.
- Byeong Hun An -- Hasn't missed a PGA Tour cut since June, and he's been solidly in the middle of the pack.
- Joaquin Niemann -- Niemann is still listed in the field, but he may be a WD threat. Coming off a W.
My pick this week will be Denny McCarthy. He was T-7 here last year, and he's playing solid golf.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland (T-10)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Denny McCarthy