Looking for 2019 BMW Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 BMW Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The FedEx Cup playoff field has been cut to 70 players for the BMW Championship, now the second of three playoff events. We cut down 40 more this week to the 30 players who will qualify for the handicap Tour Championship next week in Atlanta. Medinah Country Club's No. 3 course hosts, and it should place an emphasis on driving, accurate iron play and hitting a comfortable draw.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for $5 per month or $50 for 1 year!
2019 BMW Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Jon Rahm: Rahm's been playing great of late, and his driving should help him tremendously this week.
2. Rory McIlroy: If the driver matters, we want good drivers of the ball to keep it in play and avoid the club's boundary lines. Rory is a primo ball striker.
3. Patrick Reed: It seems like momentum matters more in the playoffs because of the condensed time frame. Reed should keep it going this week.
4. Brooks Koepka: Brooks appeared poised to shove it down Bryson DeChambeau's throat on Sunday, and then he withered a little.
5. Dustin Johnson: Johnson hasn't enjoyed his best season, of course, but he's still a threat every time he plays.
PLAY AGAINST ME! This week, I'm running a contest with the new Secret Golf Tour fantasy app. You pick one golfer from each of four groups, and the team with the lowest score against par for BMW Championship wins! $10 to enter, top 3 paid.
6. Justin Rose: Rose isn't the same level guy that got to No. 1 in the world, but he's playing very well this year, and his all-around game is fantastic except for small patches of tournaments.
7. Webb Simpson: Simpson has been playing some of the best second-shot-and-in golf in the world this year, and there's no reason to believe it will suddenly stop now. However, his lack of length off the tee could pose a problem on a few holes this week.
8. Justin Thomas: Thomas had a solid enough week, and he should be solid again this week.
9. Patrick Cantlay: Cantlay has posted consecutive T-12 finishes, and his all-around solid game should show up again this week.
10. Sungjae Im: Consider this a bit of a feel pick, especially since Im has played SO MUCH golf this year. But his driving should give him a leg up this week.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Justin Thomas - $10,000
- Paul Casey - $8,400
- Hideki Matsuyama - $8,200
- Collin Morikawa - $7,900
- Jason Kokrak - $7,800
- Rafa Cabrera Bello - $7,500
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 BMW Championship DraftKings advice!