With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 John Deere Classic and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We had another very strong weekend with the 3M Open. Viktor Hovland hung on to get to the weekend, and then he played like a guy playing for his livelihood (which he is). He finished T-13 with a strong Sunday, while Matt Wolff and Collin Morikawa had a great showdown just in front of him.
Now we have the John Deere Classic, the Sixth Major, without a single top-50 player in the field (Kevin Na withdrew). It's going to be a big guessing game this week, so maybe we just stick with the youth.
2019 John Deere Classic One and Done picks
- Collin Morikawa: Been a money maker out of the gate, and there's no reason to believe he'll flame out.
- Matthew Wolff: Still listed in the field at publishing, Wolff could just keep on winning.
- Kevin Streelman: Playing really good golf overall, and this is his kinda course.
- Joaquin Niemann: A T-23 at the 3M after a pair of top-fives in a row.
My pick this week will be Collin Morikawa. He's come out the gate hot, and he hasn't backed down once.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter (T-10)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Phil Mickelson (MC)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Scottie Scheffler (T-35)
- PGA Championship: Brooks Koepka (WIN)
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Justin Rose (T-58)
- the Memorial Tournament: Matt Kuchar (MC)
- RBC Canadian Open: Jim Furyk (T-27)
- US Open: Tiger Woods (T-20)
- Travelers Championship: Patrick Cantlay (T-15)
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Brandt Snedeker (T-5)
- 3M Open: Viktor Hovland (T-13)
- John Deere Classic: Collin Morikawa