With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 3M Open and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We had a good week at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, with Brandt Snedeker moving up nicely over the weekend to get into the top five. And we should see similarly low scores this weekend in the Twin Cities with the new 3M Open. The TPC Twin Cities venue used to get ravaged on PGA Tour Champions, and it should be similarly destroyed this weekend.
2019 3M Open One and Done picks
- Patrick Reed: He just posted his first top 10 in the last year, and he's maybe seeing some benefits of working with David Leadbetter.
- Hideki Matsuyama: It's time to get on the Hideki Train. Really, do it already.
- Bryson DeChambeau: Maybe he's getting it back together after a little rough patch in April in May.
- Viktor Hovland: Figured it out pretty quickly, and he can play a college brand of golf here, too.
My pick this week will be Viktor Hovland. I have a feeling he's lining up for something special.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter (T-10)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Phil Mickelson (MC)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Scottie Scheffler (T-35)
- PGA Championship: Brooks Koepka (WIN)
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Justin Rose (T-58)
- the Memorial Tournament: Matt Kuchar (MC)
- RBC Canadian Open: Jim Furyk (T-27)
- US Open: Tiger Woods (T-20)
- Travelers Championship: Patrick Cantlay (T-15)
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Brandt Snedeker (T-5)
- 3M Open: Viktor Hovland