With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 Masters and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We're here. We're at the Masters. The first men's major of the year has the smallest major field, and it is considered one of the easiest to win for a certain kind of player. There are a lot of great names in the field this year you'd be happy to use for one and done for a variety of reasons, but we're going to narrow things down here to just a handful of choices.
2019 Masters One and Done picks
- Rory McIlroy -- Playing the best golf in the world this year. He was in the final group last year and faded quickly, but he consistently plays well at ANGC.
- Tiger Woods -- Tiger has played better than his results so far in 2019. He's showed signs of breaking out, but it's still hard to pick a guy to win the Masters after a 14-year drought.
- Justin Rose -- Rose has played this tournament so well, yet no one seems to notice.
- Paul Casey -- Casey likes this golf course, and he's back to his consistency of a few years ago. If you're not picking the obvious, Casey is your sleeper.
- Dustin Johnson -- How do you not strongly consider DJ for your pick? He's going well, and he's still trying to get over missing out 2017.
My pick this week will be Rory McIlroy. He's my guy here, even if he's the obvious pick.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy