With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you’re not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
Greetings from Orlando! I’m here as part of a 12-day vacation and golf trip combined into one. It just rained today, and the weather will be cool tomorrow, so expect a few soft days in a row at this week’s Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill. It’s disappointing Tiger Woods isn’t able to play, but we still have a super strong field this week.
It’s also disappointing Adam Scott picked a weird time to start using a new, ginormous putter that made no sense for him. Had I known that when I wrote this OAD piece last week, I’d have told you to avoid him like the plague. But, we live and learn, so we can make good this week.
2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational One and Done picks
- Rickie Fowler — BDR nearly got the job done with a solid Sunday comeback at the Honda, and he is always motivated here.
- Rafa Cabrera Bello — One of the better players on Tour with mid- and long irons in hand.
- Brooks Koepka — Koepka snapped out of a tiny funk last week with nearly winning the Honda. He’s ready for a run.
- Marc Leishman — Leishman was in the heat of things here last year, when Rory McIlroy putted lights out to win.
My pick this week will be Marc Leishman. He’s on a pattern of top-five finish followed by a skunk finish. He finished like a skunk in Mexico.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman