Looking for 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour is in Mexico this week for the second of two stops this year, with the renamed Mayakoba Golf Classic
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Rickie Fowler -- Rickie looked great, particularly in closing with 63, en route to a T-4 finish in Las Vegas. Finished runner-up here last year.
2. Tony Finau -- Finau wasn't very good in the final Vegas leaderboard, but four rounds in the 60s isn't anything to scoff at any week. Good finish here last year in the top 10.
3. Aaron Wise -- I'm big on Wise after seeing his end-of-season rally on the PGA Tour. A T-15 finish in Vegas keeps that flicker going.
4. Gary Woodland -- Like Fowler, Woodland shot 63 on Sunday to finish off in Vegas. He's been in the top 12 in his last five starts, but it's so easy to look past him.
5. Emiliano Grillo -- Grillo's a solid horse-for-course pick here, with top-10 finishes in both of his prior starts in this tournament.
6. Charles Howell III -- CH3 always plays this event, and he is about 50-50 to finish in the top 15. I like those chances.
7. Abraham Ancer -- The highest-ranked Mexican player in the world, Ancer has really turned around his game in the last 14 months or so.
8. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth, talent-wise, deserves to be in the top 10. But he switched into the Titleist TS project equipment with blah results last week. Back to the old stuff this week.
9. Ryan Moore -- Moore was a playoff loser at the Safeway, a course which is also a ballstriker's paradise like this one.
10. Billy Horschel -- A T-11 in his last start at the HSBC Champions in hand, Horschel finished T-13 here way back in 2011.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Gary Woodland - $10,700
- Chez Reavie - $8,500
- Abraham Ancer - $8,400
- Denny McCarthy - $7,600
- Bud Cauley - $7,200
- Peter Malnati - $7,100
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic DraftKings advice!