With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2018 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you’re not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We are back (exclusively) in the United States this week as the PGA Tour heads to Las Vegas for the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. TPC Summerlin hosts as Patrick Cantlay defends. Jordan Spieth and Rickie Fowler headline the field, along with Tony Finau, who is coming off a heartbreaking playoff loss in China at the WGC-HSBC Champions last week.
2018 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open One and Done picks
- Jordan Spieth — Spieth is worth a look here. He’s had plenty of time off, and he should be somewhat care-free since he’s nearing his wedding.
- Patrick Cantlay — The defending champion was just T-7 at the HSBC Champions, and he’s become a remarkably consistent player.
- Tony Finau — Finau continues to show he’s so close to a huge breakthrough.
- Rickie Fowler — You’re not going to use Fowler in majors, and he was pretty solid in the playoffs, so why not?
My pick this week will be Rickie Fowler. I actually think Cantlay will be my pick at Riviera, so I’m saving him up for then.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler